OpenChurch System Requirements
OpenChurch comes ready to install then customize for your church or ministry. If you can install Drupal, you will have no trouble installing OpenChurch. Every time OpenChurch offers a new release the you can find it here. As always we would love any feedback, and assistance you may be able to provide.
DOWNLOAD OPEN CHURCH
- Please visit the OpenChurch project page here to download the latest version:
OpenChurch is a Drupal distribution. As such OpenChurch can run on most environments properly configured to run the latest version of Drupal. OpenChurch adds features and functionality in addition to what is in the Drupal core, so it may require more server resources than stand alone Drupal.
For more information on OpenChurch hosting and installation services please contact us.
Detailed list of recommended configurations is as follows:
- Minimum of a dual-core processor with 2GB RAM (Linux) or 4GB RAM (Windows). Actual hardware requirements will vary depending on the amount of content and traffic.
- Web Server - NginX, Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.x. Drupal can also run on Microsoft IIS. Apache is the most tested platform.
- PHP – Version 5.2.x or 5.3
- Database – MySQL 4.1 or 5.x, though MySQL 5.1 is strongly recommended.
- Installing a PHP code optimizer like APC is highly recommended, especially for production use.
- Your memory_limit variable, in php.ini needs to be at least 128M, but 190M is recommended.
- If you are still having problems (seeing "white screens of death" or errors during installation) try setting:
- max_execution_time to around 120 and
- realpath_cache_size to 512K, 1M or even 2M.
- max_input_time to around 120.
If you feel you would rather have professional assistance for installation, hosting, or any other service please contact the Open Church team today.
OpenChurch is open-source software including modules and custom code for Drupal covered by the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. Please refer to GPL for more details about how this license works. Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.